1925 - Ernst Alboth's son Willy joins his father and brother-in-law in the management of the company. After the death of Ernst Alboth, a change of the trademark is decided upon. The new name is "Alka-Kunst", a combination of the first two letters of each family name "Alboth" and "Kaiser".
1928 - Founding of a factory in Kronach by Willy Alboth and Georg Kaiser. There, following World War I, they produce, with great success, in addition to several gift series, the well-known Rococo lace figurines (usually a domain of Thuringian companies).
1938 - The purchase of the multiple-award-winning royal porcelain company Silbermann, which was founded at the beginning of the 19th century, which was called “Werk Hausen” in the town of Hausen on the Main river. This company became the main supplier for the “white goods” in the porcelain-finishing process. Thus, the “white production” was integrated into the process.
1945 - Hubertus Kaiser becomes a partner of the company together with his father and uncle. The building of a new factory that combines every production process is decided upon.
1951 - The company's name is now ALKA Kunst Alboth & Kaiser KG in Kronach. Managing Directors are Georg Kaiser, Willy Alboth and Hubertus Kaiser.
1953 - New land is bought in Staffelstein in order to build a new factory. Staffelstein is chosen because of its close location to Hausen and the many skilled workers in nearby Kronach.
1956 - Move to Staffelstein. Elimination of the factory in Hausen. The company's name is now "Alka Porzellanfabriken Alboth & Kaiser KG, Staffelstein".
1961 - The managers are now Willy Alboth and Hubertus Kaiser.
1964 - Georg Kaiser dies. Willy Alboth becomes the head of the company.
1970 - The trademark changes from "Alka" to "Kaiser-Porzellan", because the name "Kaiser" is more melodious (which plays an important role in foreign markets).
1977 - The managers are Willy and Ernst Alboth and Hubertus Kaiser.
1982 - For the 200th anniversary of the U.S. national emblem and national bird, the bald eagle, a strictly limited edition of 200 pieces is created. Number 1 of this special series is presented by co-owner Hubertus Kaiser to U.S. President Ronald Reagan on October 5, 1982. Number 47 is given to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on June 13, 1984, also by Hubertus Kaiser.
1985 - A new factory building with 7,000 square meters is added.
1986 - A fast-firing furnace, built according to the latest technical standards, is installed.
1991 - Willy Alboth dies. His grandson, Hubertus Kaiser, by right of succession, now heads the company. The company reaches sales of 51 million Deutschmarks.
1997 - 125th anniversary of the family-owned company. Sales are now 35 million Deutschmarks.
1998 - Hubertus Kaiser dies on December 17, 1998. The managers are now Hubertus and Ernst Alboth. 500 employees work for the company.
1999 - In the midst of a downturn, 100 employees are laid off. Sales are 26 million Deutschmarks. The assortment consists of 50% tableware, 40% gifts and 10% high-quality figurines.
2000 - The company now employs only 350 people and sales steadily decrease. The general crisis in the ceramic industry further strains the family company.
December 28, 2000 - The company is taken over by two investors from the ceramic industry, the Pacific Crown Group Ltd. and Hans-Peter Langsch. At this time only 130 workers are employed.
2001 - On January 1st Hans-Peter Langsch takes over the management. The company's activities are led by the Kaiser-Porzellan Manufaktur Staffelstein GmbH & Co. KG. The production capacity, as well as land of about 65,000 square meters at Auwaldstraße 8, are held by PM Kapital GmbH & Co. KG, together with general partner PM Verwaltungs & Beteiligungs GmbH, which also operates the factory outlet. By May, 154 workers are employed. By the end of the year, the company’s conventional, continuous firing-technology is replaced by a discontinuous chamber-kiln. The investment costs are an estimated 2 million Deutschmarks.
2002 - International political crises and the new European currency lead to structural changes in the entire ceramics industry in terms of consumer demand and to a drastic decline in traditional product categories, which had been the prominent area of business of Kaiser-Porzellan.
2003 - After a good start into the New Year and an excellent response to the established changes in the collection, the Iraq crisis and the recession in the European markets lead to a decline of demand in late spring, which makes an additional restructuring of the company necessary. On May 20 a new managing company, the Porzellan Design Bad Staffelstein GmbH & Co. KG, takes over operational control.
2007 - Going almost unnoticed by the trade and by consumers, the size and organization of the company are adjusted to the change of demand, and the collection restructured and geared to new target audiences. Innovation in form and decoration, maintaining the high standards of quality and service, as well as the core competence of the brand itself, are all elements of a total focus on the consumer.
September 1, 2010 - Kaiser and Goebel - “What comes together, belongs together.”
Since September 1, 2010 Goebel Porzellan has a new owner, PM Kapital GmbH & Co. KG, Bad Staffelstein. This company has been active in the ceramics industry for many years and is at the same time the shareholder of Kaiser-Porzellan in Bad Staffelstein. Goebel remains an owner-operated business.
Under the roof of PM Kapital, two companies are now united, both of which have the origin of nearly the same length in the ceramics industry of Upper Franconia. Both companies will keep their legal independence in the future.
“What comes together, belongs together,” says Hans-Peter Langsch, the managing partner, who has been with the Goebel company since 1993. He was the one who, at that time, was assigned by Wilhelm Goebel to establish the Gifts and Decorative Accessories division.
Both companies are active in almost identical sales channels, markets and technologies but differ in their collection strategies.